This is an all-around favorite delicious Thai food. You will find this dish on almost every Thai restaurant’s menu. It is also fun to make, because you can actually serve in the pineapple!
- 1 pineapple, medium sized
- 4 oz. sliced chicken
- 3 tablespoons of chopped shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of dried shrimp
- 3 tablespoons of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups steamed rice
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, and scoop out the fruit. Cut the fruit into bite sized chunks.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil, and fry the dry shrimp until crispy. Set it aside, and drain the skillet.
- Add one more tablespoon of oil, and fry the garlic until its becomes golden brown. Turn to medium/high heat Add in the rice, and stir.
- Add in the fish sauce and sugar; continue to stir for about a minute. Add in the pineapple and the shrimp that you set aside earlier, and continue to stir for about another minute.
- Put the contents into the halved pineapple, and serve. Garnish with some fresh cilantro and / or sliced beets.